|Posted by shawn cassidy on January 1, 2012 at 9:40 PM|
This was the best defensive game by the Celtics,and the numbers show. The Celtics improved their record to 2-3,and they look back on track even though the Pistons,and Wizards only have one win between them.
- The Celtics won the boards 41-39. It wasn't by much,but I'll take it.
- The Celtics had 16 turnovers,and that's still not a good number.
- The Celtics did have 26 assists,and that's exactly were they should be.
- The Celtics shot 50% for the game,and that's perfect. They held the Wizards to 41% from the field.
- Doc played the starters all below 35 minutes. Always key in a back-to-back series.
- Rondo was +26 when on the floor.
- Rondo 4/7 from the line. Not bad. I'm glad he's going to the line seven times.
- Rondo only one steal. I like his number around three a game.
- The bench scored 22 points.
- The Celtics scored 38 in the paint,and the Celtics gave up 38 to the Wizards.
I still like the bench production. Bradley was a no show again off the bench in ten minutes.