|Posted by shawn cassidy on January 28, 2014 at 7:15 AM|
The Celtics are 15-31, and 4 games out of the 8th seed in the East, which would equal to a quick out by the hands of Indiana. Most fans at this point may have moved onto something different in what they want this season. I've come to the point in which I don't know what I want. I guess what I really want is to see this team winning games the right way, and this squad improving game by game with Rondo. If we make the playoffs, that's fine, and if we don't that's fine. The Celtics will likely end up with a lottery pick this year, and maybe that's for the best at this point.
I don't take that the wrong way. I'm not saying the work tank. Like I said, I want to see this team win the right way, and improving with Rondo each game. I just don't see the Celtics as an 8th seed like the 2007 Warriors, or the Grizzlies of 2011. Plus why would we want to see the Pacers lose, there the best hope to knocking off the Heat. Putting all of that aside. What about the current string of games on tap for the Celtics.
- @ Knicks 17-27, but winners of their last two behind Melo's 62 point game the other night.
- Home against the 76ers who are 14-31.
- Home against the Magic who are 12-33.
- @ 76ers who are 14-31 as of right now.
- Home against the Kings who are 15-29, and in last place in the West. Plus Gay and Cousins have been on the mend with injuries.
- Home against the Mavs who are playoff bond with a 26-20 record.
- @ Bucks who have the worst record in the game at 8-36.
The Celtics have games in which they can win, and more importanylu games they can build from. The Celtics will probably be without Bradley for some of these games if not all of the. It's a shame, the Rondo/Bradley backcourt seems to always hit a snag because of injuries. This could be the Celtics last chance to cut into the gap for the 8th seed. It's now or never for the playoffs.