|Posted by shawn cassidy on January 10, 2014 at 5:50 PM|
It's nearing, the time will come when Rondo wakes up on a cold Boston morning, and say "It's time to lace up the sneakers". I said this morning, that I think Rondo will be back for the Nets showdown in Boston Jaunary 26th.
Boston Celtics point guard Rajon Rondo remains coy about a potential return to game action, but said Friday that he plans to be back on the court before the All-Star break.
"It may be this month [or] next month," Rondo told reporters in San Francisco before the Celtics' morning shootaround in advance of a game against the Golden State Warriors. "It'll be before All-Star break."
"It's just a feeling," he said, according to MassLive.com. "I'll probably just wake up that morning and play."
"I don't even like to watch the game anymore," Rondo said, according to the Boston Globe. "It's frustrating. You see things that you just can't help. It's only a matter of what you can do from a vocal standpoint on the sidelines."
Rondo did note that he feels "10 times better" and "more confident, stronger, more explosive" based on the work he's done since being cleared to return to full-contact activities last month. And Celtics first-year coach Brad Stevens noted that Rondo has looked good during situational game work during practice.
"In practice, when we have done 5-on-5 and he's been able to compete in that, he has really, really done well," said Stevens, according to MassLive.com. "And part of that is because not only does he have a feel for where he should be, he just gets everybody else in the right spots."