|Posted on February 3, 2012 at 5:00 PM|
The Knicks beat the Celtics down the stretch on Christmas day. Many things have changed since the 106-104 victory in New York. The Knicks look like the same old Knicks, and the Celtics started the season 4-6 in their first ten games, and in their last ten games they're 7-3. The Knicks are 2-8 in their last ten games. The Celtics seem to be finding themselves, and the Knicks are in scramble mode trying to pick up the pieces. The Celtics look ready to beat the Knicks. The defense is sound, and that wasn't the case on Christmas day. Rondo had his best game of the season in New York almost dropping a triple-double, but he scored the first thirty-point game of the season for the Celtics with 31. Will he play tonight? If he does I'm sure it will be limited.
Keys of the game
- Show the Knicks whos boss on the defensive end.
- Rebound the basketball. Chandler will give us problems, but it should be a team job on the glass.
- Set the pace, and tempo. Limit turnovers to around 12.
- Establish an inside game. Then you can move outside.
- Bench play. The Celtics bench should flex it's strength against the Knicks.
I have a little concern tonight. I think both teams want this game. The Knicks want to get back on track, and the Celtics want to keep on track. The 50/50 plays could determine this game.,