|Posted by shawn cassidy on January 27, 2012 at 2:00 AM|
These are the games you love. The Celtics looked like the Celtics of two weeks ago. But a rebirth in the second half put the Celtics over the top.
- The Celtics held the Magic to 8, 4th quarter points. In crunch time the Celtics executed on the defensive end like a well oiled machine. You can't ask for better defense.
- Although the Celtics lost the battle of the boards. The Celtics were down 28-15 on the glass at the half. By the end of the game the Celtics lost 46-37. They rebounded the ball when it was a must. i
- Pierce played 44 minutes, and that's a good sign for the now,and that he can last that long, but Pierce shouldn't play over 40 minutes a game in the regular season. He finished with 24 points,and 10 assists. He should have a rough game tomorrow on a second game of a back-to-back.
- KG was the silentt mastermind tonight behind his defense. He had 4 blocks, and 10 rebounds. KG looks fresh each game, and I am feeling much better about Garnett.
- Daniels didn't score a lot in his 18 minute stint Thursday night. He was 2/2 from the field for 4 points. The Celtcs were +13 when Daniels played last night. He was a silent defensive force, and he played smart last night.
- The bench scored 27 points, and the rookie Moore was the leader with 16 points, and he was 4/4 from the three-point line. Both Bradley, and Moore have filled in for Rondo nicely. You can't ask for more from Bradley, and Moore.
- The Celtics held the Magic to 38% shooting for the game. The Celtics have found their defense, and the league must be worried.
- The Celtics held Howard to 16 points, and he was -16 when on the court. Garnett was so smart last night, and it won't show in the stats.