|Posted by shawn cassidy on January 17, 2012 at 2:40 AM|
The Celtics could have won this game. Some stats tell the story of tonights breakdown to the Thunder.
- The Celtics out rebounded the Thunder 48-40, and that's a solid building block for the Celtics. Yes we lost the game, but the Thunder are young, and athletic up front. It was good to see JO,and Garnett on the glass.
- Rondo's 5th foul. I believe this was an issue during the final stretch when Westbrook went deep on the Celtics. Rondo lost some of his defensive power, and he was less aggressive.
- Turnovers, just like rebounding has been an issue for the Celtics. What I saw all night was a team that knew exactly what the Celtics ran. The turnovers cost the CELTICS this game.
- Back-to-back double digit rebounding games from Jermaine. If he's going to start we need the rebounding that he's shown us, and we need the scoring he gave us last night. More than anything we must see the rebounding.
- KG 5-19 from the field. Okay, okay I get it, but that doesn't mean I like it when the Celtics need to win. Doc wants KG,and Pierce shooting a lot to get into game form, but I think we need to win a few games now. Second game in a row that Garnett has shot 19.
- The Celtics out scored the Thunder in the pain 48-44, and that's a good sign for the Celtics.
The biggest number is the five game losing streak for the Celitcs. The first in this era.